- Des spécialités fromagères unique au monde
- Le meilleur de la gastronomie
- Bénéficiez d’un conseil personnalisé
- Ne ratez aucune de nos offres promotionnelles
- Bénéficiez de notre programme de fidélisation
- Recevez de nombreux outils d’aide à la vente
Available in limited quantities. Semi-soft cheese made in Puglia. Caciocavallo, literally translated as « cheese on horseback », is a cheese that already existed in southern Italy in the 14th century. One of the explanations for the name could be that at the time, cheeses were paired together and hung over a bar (on horseback as it were). Francesco d’Ambruoso’s Caciocavallos are all unique, made with the very best milk from neighbouring farmers. The curd is shaped and spun by hand. Once ready for ripening, the cheeses are stored in a cave, for at least 8 months. This stage gives the Caciocavallos their personalities, their firm pâte, slightly grainy texture and strong, almostspicy flavour. The damp environment of the cave also enables the growth of a noble and distinctive mold.