- Pour the flour into a bowl to start preparing the dough. Add a pinch of salt, then the yeast dissolved in a little warm water. Knead the dough while adding about 20-30 cl of water, until the dough is elastic and does not stick to your fingers.
- Leave to rise for around 1 hr 30 mins in a warm place.
- Roll out the dough like a tart and brush with the egg yolk.
- Generously spread with the crushed tomatoes, chopped black olives and finely chopped onion.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and top with the sardine fillets. Preheat the oven to 200°C and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, cut into small pieces and serve hot with pre-dinner drinks.
😉 Tip: You could always replace the sardine fillets in the recipe with finely cut rashers of smoked bacon.