- Drain the sardines into a bowl, reserving the oil. Set the can aside for later.
- Put the drained sardines in a bowl. Mash them roughly with a fork, adding the Picandou à Tartiner and half the finely chopped chives.
- Season with a drizzle of lime juice, a few grinds of pepper and a pinch of turmeric. Leave to chill.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining chives to the sardine oil and blitz to obtain a smooth, green sauce.
- Fun serving suggestion: fill the empty can with the rillettes and top with a tablespoon of the oil and chive sauce.
😉 Tip: Serve the rillettes with pre-dinner drinks, spread on little slices of lightly toasted baguette topped with a few drops of the chive sauce.