- Brown beef cheek on both sides in hot oil in a frying pan. Next add the chopped carrots, onion, garlic, celery, mushrooms and rosemary and brown lightly before adding the tomato puree to thicken. Deglaze with 1/3 of the red wine and gently reduce. Repeat this process three times. Then add the stock to cover and leave to simmer for one and a half hours, until the beef cheek is thoroughly cooked.
- Roughly chop the peeled, washed potatoes. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes in salted water in a covered saucepan. Drain thoroughly, then return to an empty saucepan (without a lid), over a very low heat, so that the moisture can evaporate.
- Grate the Raclette 8 Blumen and set aside.
- Mash potatoes using an electric hand whisk or a potato masher and set aside. Bring 250 ml of milk to the boil with a tablespoon of butter, then season with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg. Pour boiling milk directly onto mashed potatoes, add grated cheese and mix well. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving dish
😉 Tip: To give this dish a creamier texture and a unique flavour, try adding some raclette cheese to the sauce.