Setting time: 3 hours
Difficulty level: Advanced 👨🍳👨🍳👨🍳
- Cut the cheese into small cubes. Melt in a bain-marie together with 50 ml of cream. Mix with a spatula until you have a smooth, even cream.
- Soften the gelatine in a bowl of lukewarm water. Squeeze in your hand to remove excess water then melt it in a little water in a small saucepan. Add the cheese and cream.
- Meanwhile, blitz the crackers into a breadcrumb consistency in a food processor and add in the softened butter. Mix together to form a dough.
- Fill the bottoms of your verrines with the butter and cracker mixture.
- Use a whisk to thicken up the rest of the cream and carefully add in the cheese and cream mixture. Season to taste with table salt, freshly ground pepper and a pinch of Espelette pepper.
- Fill the verrines with the mixture and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Separate each layer of the leek, wash and slice them into thin matchsticks.
- When ready to serve, heat the cooking oil and fry the cut leeks. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel.
- Season with a little salt and place a handful of leeks on top of each verrine before serving.