- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk energetically. Dice the cheese and finely chop the chives.
- Add the chives and half the cheese to the whisked eggs. Season with fine salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over a low heat, and, before it browns, add the eggs. Allow to cook gently on one side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: dice the washed cucumber. Drain the roasted peppers and slice into strips, and wash the rocket and tomatoes in running water.
- When the omelet is just cooked, remove from the heat and top with the rocket. Decorate with the cucumber, cherry tomatoes and strips of pepper, not forgetting the remaining diced cheese.
- Serve warm or cold with pre-dinner drinks or as a lovely summer starter.
😉 Tips and Ideas: You can vary the filling by replacing the peppers with a selection of roast vegetables (aubergines, courgettes, etc.) or seasoning the eggs with your choice of spices.