- Cut the Fourme d’Ambert AOP into large cubes and put in a pan. Add the cream and warm over a very low heat. Stir from time to time to prevent the cheese from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- In the meantime, clean the mushrooms and fry in hot butter. When they start to brown, add the peeled, finely chopped shallots and chopped parsley.
- Season with fine salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour half of the mushroom mixture into the melted cheese and mix well.
- Pour the cheese mixture into a fondue pot or into the hollowed-out cheese and serve hot with chunks of bread, the rest of the mushrooms and a few raw mushrooms.
😉 Tip: For this recipe, you can use any seasonal mushrooms, and flavour your fondue with a dash of white wine or Armagnac.