- To make the gnocchi, preheat the oven to 240°C then wrap each potato in aluminium foil one at a time. Put in the oven to bake. When the potatoes are thoroughly cooked, peel then scoop out the pulp with a spoon.
- Put the potato pulp in a bowl and mix in the grated cheese, egg, egg yolks and flour. Add melted butter and adjust the seasoning with fine salt and freshly ground pepper. Leave to cool then shape into long, thin sausages. Cut sausages into small segments and flatten lightly with a fork.
- Drop the gnocchi into a pan of boiling, well salted water. Cook until they rise to the surface. Drain and keep hot.
- Preheat the grill.
- In a saucepan, reduce the cream Isigny, adding the grated nutmeg and half the grated cheese. Blend with a stick blender until you have a creamy cheese sauce.
- Roll the gnocchi in the sauce then pour them into a gratin dish, sprinkle with remaining grated cheese and brown under the grill. Serve hot with a green salad seasoned, for example, with hazelnut oil.
😉 Tip: A summer version can be made using diced tomato Sud’n’Sol and basil leaves.