Difficulty level: Average 👨🍳👨🍳
Chilling time: 2 hours
- Remove any large veins from the cabbage leaves before cooking them in a saucepan with boiling water and sea salt.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and place them in a bowl of ice water to keep them green.
- Remove and place them on a paper towel. Meanwhile, combine and season the cheese with the Espelette pepper and freshly ground pepper.
- Spread the cling film across your work surface. Place a cabbage leaf in the centre and spread generously with the seasoned Picandou.
- Add a slice of ham and tightly roll into a spiral using the cling film.
- Tie the ends and chill.
- When you are ready to serve, unwrap the rolls and slice into even maki shapes.