- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices. Add the peanut oil and butter to a hot frying pan. When it starts to colour slightly, add the potatoes and fry. When they’re cooked, add the peeled, roughly chopped onion. Season with fine salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place the slices of bread on a sheet of baking paper.
- Cover each slice of bread with a generous serving of potatoes. Add an ample portion of Reblochon de Savoie AOP to each slice then finish with the smoked bacon.
- Cook in the oven for 5-6 minutes. When the cheese has nicely melted, take out of the oven and garnish with a few sprigs of chives. Serve hot.
😉 Tip: In this recipe, you could add a bit of cream when cooking the potatoes, which will make the dish even richer and more indulgent.