- Cut the cheese into thin strips and remove the rind.
- Pour the wine into the fondue pot and heat.
- Quickly add the cheese and stir to mix with the wine.
- Continue stirring the mixture with a wooden spoon in a figure 8 pattern until the cheese is melted and the fondue is smooth.
- Light the warmer for the fondue on the table. Place the fondue pot on top while stirring the cheese.
- You’re all set! Enjoy your cheesy fondue!
😉 Tip: Peel the bulbs of garlic and rub them on the bottom of your fondue plates or ramekins (special plates exist for fondues, known as “Berthoud” plates), and arrange the slivers of Abondance cheese. Season very lightly and sprinkle with a dash of white wine. Sprinkle on a few small pieces of butter and toast under the grill for 5-10 minutes.