- Reconstitute the morels by placing them in a bowl and covering with hot (but not boiling) water – fill to 2 cm above the mushrooms. There is no need to overfill and end up with a lot of flavour-filled soaking liquid to discard. Leave to soak for at least 30 minutes. The morels can also be reconstituted the day before and kept covered in the refrigerator.
- Once the morels are well softened, drain them, gently squeeze in your hand and fry in melted butter in a hot pan.
- Peel the shallot and chop finely.
- Wash the parsley and chop roughly.
- When the morels are well browned, lower the heat and add the shallots. Fry until browned and deglaze with the port. Remove from the heat, add the chopped parsley and adjust the seasoning with fine salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Cut open the buns, place generous slices of Brie in each one and spoon over the morels.
- Bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve warm with a green salad.
😉 Tip: You could use your own choice of mushrooms in this recipe. Our forests are brimming with these little treasures so you can adapt the recipe to the season in your area.