- Prepare waffle batter: dissolve yeast in luke-warm milk.
- Meanwhile, mix flour with salt and pepper in a bowl. Melt butter.
- Separate eggs, set whites aside in a cool place, mix yolks into flour, carefully add milk and whisk until you have a smooth, even batter. Wash all herbs and chop finely, add to batter. Set aside at room temperature.
- Whisk whites to stiff peaks and fold into batter.
- Preheat waffle iron and make waffles.
- Preheat barbecue to 180°C.
- When ready to serve, place waffles on a sheet of aluminium foil and add a generous layer of diced Vacherousse. Place under barbecue hood for a few minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve nice and hot.
😉 Tip: For this recipe you could make red waffles by replacing the herbs with sun-dried tomato puree.