- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the foie gras in half lengthwise. Season with the fine salt, caster sugar and freshly ground pepper. Caramelise the foie gras on all sides. When cooked, place on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Meanwhile, cut cheese into thin slices the same width as the terrine.
- Line terrine with a sheet of cling film, then put some of the cooked foie gras in the bottom, cover with a slice of cheese and repeat the process. Wrap the cling film around the assembled terrine. Place a weight on top, then chill in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving and garnish with a few crystals of fleur de sel and some small slices of toast.
😉 Tip Serve your terrine with chutney or onion confit.