- Cut the bread rolls and the Saint-Nectaire AOP into small cubes, put them into a salad bowl, add 1 teaspoon of salt and mix everything together.
- Dice the onions and brown lightly in the butter together with the wild garlic.
- Heat the milk without bringing it to the boil. Add the onion and garlic mixture, then pour over the pieces of bread and cheese. Mix well, and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, beat the eggs, and add them to the mixture, then season once again with salt and pepper.
- Bring the salted water to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Knead the dough vigorously, preferably with your hands, until you get a pliable ball. If the dough is too moist, you can add some breadcrumbs. If it is too dry, add a little milk.
- With wet hands, form around 8 tennis ball-sized quenelles.
- Drop the dumplings into the boiling, salted water, and immediately turn the temperature down to a medium heat. Poach the quenelles for around 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, fry them in a pan with melted butter until golden brown.
- Serve the quenelles with meat or fish.
👨🍳Die Vorteile von diesem Käse: The Saint-Nectaire AOP will blend perfectly with your mixture thanks to its soft and creamy interior. Rich in taste and smell, it will infuse your dish with its inimitable hazelnut flavour.