- To prepare the savoury choux pastry, start by pouring the water into a saucepan then add the butter, pepper and salt.
- Bring to the boil.
- Take the pan off the heat, add all the flour at once, and mix vigorously with a spatula until you have a smooth mixture that comes away from the sides of the saucepan.
- Return to a low heat for 3 minutes to dry out the dough, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously each time, until they are well mixed in.
- Now add the grated cheese.
- Season to taste with fine salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag with a fluted nozzle.
- Set aside at room temperature.
- When you are ready to serve, heat the cooking oil to 170°C.
- Pipe 6 cm (approx.) strips of dough directly into the oil.
- The temperature of the oil may drop to 160°C.
- Allow to brown for a few minutes then turn the churros over.
- Turn the cooked churros out onto kitchen paper.
- Eat whilst hot.
😉 Tip: Serve the churros with a variety of dipping sauces and tapenade Sud’n’Sol and eat as finger food.