- Preheat barbecue to 200°C.
- Cut a slice off top of tomatoes.
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and set aside for future use (e.g. to make a tomato sauce).
- Cook bacon slices on plancha.
- Meanwhile, season inside of tomatoes with salt and pepper. Put tomatoes in a gratin dish and place some big cubes of cheese inside. Break an egg into each tomato. Put tops back on.
- Put dish under barbecue hood and cook for 8 – 9 minutes.
- Serve nice and hot with toasted crusty farmhouse bread.
😉 Tip: You could use the same idea to make some great little summer appetisers to go with pre-dinner drinks, using smaller tomatoes and quails’ eggs.