- Preheat plancha to 230°C.
- Wash and scrape asparagus, then sear quickly and lightly brown.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1/2 centimetre thick slices.
- Lightly brown potatoes in olive oil in a frying pan.
- As they begin to brown, lower the heat and leave to cook, adding the peeled, chopped onions. Season with table salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, season and add grated cheese.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add to the bowl of eggs, stirring gently to avoid mashing the potatoes.
- Heat some olive oil in a high-sided frying pan and add egg mixture. Cook over a medium heat for 5 – 6 minutes each side. The tortilla should be golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature, then cut into cubes. Decorate with seared asparagus tips and drop peppers, season with a grind of pepper and serve with pre-dinner drinks.
😉 Tip: You could add some tomato puree or a few roast vegetables to this recipe. Although intended as an appetiser, the tortilla also makes a nice starter when served with a green salad.